Deborah Stone, Ph.D. | ACMHC

Clients who have sought my help over the years have suffered from PTSD, addiction, and anger issues mainly associated with childhood trauma. I have worked effectively at developing a trusting relationship with clients that allows them to understand, heal, and change maladaptive behaviors to successfully move forward in life. Families of incarcerated individuals have sought my help coping with their difficult situation so that they can be of maximum support when their loved one reenters. I also help families heal from the completed suicide of children, having served on the board of directors for Parents of Murdered Children.

I hold a doctorate degree in counseling psychology and am currently licensed as an Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor. My focus over the last 15 years has been helping people with PTSD, addiction, grief, and anger management. Much of my focus has been working with incarcerated individuals for successful reentry.

I can offer hope for people who are tired of living with anger, addiction, and feelings of hopelessness. There is always a solution, and I can help you find the right solution for you or your loved one. Together we can build courage, esteem, and a positive focus on the future. No problem is too big to overcome.



  • Addiction
  • ADHD
  • Substance Abuse
  • Anger Management
  • Anxiety/Panic
  • Autistic Spectrum Disorders
  • Codependency
  • Depression
  • Alcohol Use
  • Grief
  • Sexual Abuse
  • Management of pain and other chronic conditions
  • Trauma/PTSD
  • Personality Disorders


Ages I Work With

  • Adults

Dr. Stone Accepts The Following Insurances: 

  • SelectHealth (Choice)
  • SelectHealth (Care)
  • SelectHealth (Med)
  • SelectHealth (Share)
  • SelectHealth (Value)
  • University of Utah (Preferred)
  • University of Utah (Premier)
  • University of Utah (Advantage)
  • DMBA
  • Veterans Choice Program
  • Tricare
  • Hunstman Mental Health Institute Behavioral Health


Book Appointment   Questions About Accepted Insurances?